Successful applicants will:
* Be a US citizen enrolled full-time in an accredited US institution in good academic standing
* Have full time availability during the program period (May 30, 2017 through August 4, 2017)
* Be interested in one or more of the following: multipole methods, computer science, computational science, N-body like problems, computational electromagnetics, scientific visualization
* Have the ability to work in a team of like-minded individuals
* Be self-motivated and goal-oriented.
To read about past editions of this program, please visit https://www.crest.iu.edu/projects/dashmm/summerreu2015.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send the following to jdebuhr [at] indiana.edu, with the subject line "REU"
* A letter of interest which includes the applicant's background and interest in the REU program, prior research or REU experience, experience with computational methods, a list of programming proficiencies (for example, C, C++, OpenGL, etc.)
* A letter of recommendation from a Professor or Research Supervisor (Applicants should arrange to have the letter sent directly from their letter writer)
* An unofficial transcript.