The new Director of Enterprise Solution Architecture will report to the Chief Enterprise Architect who in turn reports to senior vice president and chief information officer, and be accountable for the comprehensive high-level designs, functionality, and architectural structure for Enterprise applications that supports solution options that encompassboth on premise and cloud based solutions.
Leading a team of Solution Architects, Director of Enterprise Solution Architecture will drive the agile transformation and technical delivery of the products and solutions. As the responsible owner of the Solution Architecture competence the role will drive highest Architecture standards in an ever evolving technical systems environment at the edge of digital technology.
PG&E has been investing in technology to deliver on the “Digital Utility” vision. As such, the successful candidate in the role will be proficient in leading a team in solution architecture disciplines, proficient across the entire technology spectrum from applications, integration, security, data, and infrastructure.
This individual will work with the broader IT organization and business units, including the business leaders, to determine ways that PG&E can leverage technology to enhance business objectives and improve the consumer experience.
The new leader will be expected to develop product and technical skills in the domain and drive the continuous development of solution architects in understanding, assessing and utilizing emerging and existing technologies.
- Lead the definition of technical solutions to functional problems, conforming to established system architecture standards and practices
- Evaluate new technologies; safeguard the architecture integrity and future orientation in the domain.
- Lead solution architecture strategy and planning, road mapping activities across LoB’s and at the enterprise level.
- Produce documented reusable application processes, frameworks or architectures
- Participate in analysis, requirements gathering, system design, software / hardware applicability studies to create a world class application architecture
- Partner with external organizations like Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Sales Force etc. to understand the latest trends in the technology space and implement them effectively
- Conform to system architecture standards and practices and work with outsourced suppliers as required to keep up to date with enabling technologies
- Drive the solution architecture aspects of IT projects book of work, identifying opportunities for reuse and rationalization of technical capabilities
- Define and design solution architecture in support of business strategy (e.g., providing the architectural framework and models for the implementation of business capabilities and planned book of work)
- Develop and implement common standards and methods for developing, integrating, and aggregating the Enterprise Solution Architecture (operating model).
- Provide analytical and conceptual direction to solution architects throughout the business change lifecycle, ensuring alignment and integrity of deliverables with the program and strategic objectives.
- Act as custodian of the solution architecture standards and methods and the conceptual and logical designs by doing the following:
- --Provide the architectural framework for Enterprise Solution Architecture.
- --Ensure integrity and cohesion of business models across projects and programs.
- --Ensure maintenance of the key solution architecture deliverables (high-level architecture, solution blueprints).
- --Ensure reusability of models, patterns, and designs.
- Participate in the development of IT strategy and the identification and design of IT architectures to support the Enterprise Solution Architecture and the business strategic intent (e.g., SOA).
- Provide architecture guardrails to the teams based on the input from Domain Architecture and ensure that the solution architects implement the standards and design solutions in line with these guardrails.
- Manage, mentor, and lead the solution architecture team.
- Build effective partnership across the organization