Teledyne LeCroy is a test and measurement division under Teledyne Technologies. We design, manufacture and market state of the art test and measurement equipment with the majority of our R&D team based in our Chestnut Ridge, New York office (Rockland County).
Software Design Engineer - - R&D Based Opening
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER with solid software skills to join our Serial Data and Vertical Market Applications Development Group. The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of the development of serial data and other vertical market application software options and packages that run on or with our oscilloscope products. The type of products being designed will require the engineer to develop expertise in both software engineering and electronic measurement technology.
• Design software that will run on our digital oscilloscopes to extract general purpose and application specific measurements from the acquired signals.
• Design measurement software to automatically test customer systems to serial data standards using Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscopes and bit error rate testers.
• Design and validate signal processing algorithms to extract application specific information and measurements from signals acquired on oscilloscope.
• Participate in serial data standards technical working groups to help develop testing specifications. A few examples of the kinds of electrical standards we work on are PCI Express, USB, SATA, and MIPI.
• Devise test scripts to provide automated testing for validation and regression testing of software.
Education and qualifications:
• Fluency in C++
• BSEE or BS/MS/PhD in Physics
• GPA 3.2 or better
• 0 - 3 years’ experience
• Candidates without similar previous work experience, should have relevant school project or internship experience
TO APPLY - https://careers-teledyne.icims.com/jobs/3577/software-design-engineer/job
We offer excellent benefits and competitive compensation packages.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. EEO Is The Law.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.