We are currently looking for a North American Quality Director to work in our Holland, MI facility.
The NA Quality Director is responsible for achieving superior customer satisfaction by ensuring Haworth’s product quality meets or exceeds market expectations by developing and providing strategic North American (NA) leadership, strategy, as well as direction for development and deployment of company’s quality programs. These programs include Total Quality Management process in every area of the company, including engineering, manufacturing, service, and administration.
More about the Job
- Serves corporation as primary NA Quality leader with objective of achieving benchmark results year over year. Establishes and maintains plant-level process quality audits to ensure conformance to specified standards of both incoming and outgoing product.
- Drives for results in areas of Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ), including Warranty, Corrections, Scrap, and Obsolescence, to meet corporate quality goals. Champions North America (NA) Quality Council to drive customer satisfaction and attain financial goals for Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ).
- Manages Quality functional area through continued analysis of current state processes, systems, and organization structure to accurately identify areas for improvement and removal of non-value add tasks to ensure optimum organizational structure.
- Directs Quality Assurance interface with Manufacturing, Supply Base, Manufacturing Engineering, and Product Engineering groups to support new product development activities, as well as daily process control activities.
- Partners with business to identify solutions to meeting company’s efficiency and growth goals; communicates to gain support from executive management to ensure effectiveness of identified initiatives.
- Directs total quality policies, programs, and initiatives, ensuring compliance and strategy alignment to Company’s continuous improvement philosophy. Sets and drives to attain aggressive year-over-year improvement goals.
- Provides coaching for development and deployment of TQM worldwide to create sustainable and profitable organization.
- Prepares long-term strategic quality plans for function, including NA plants, in form of business plans and five-year plan on development and coordination of systems, ensuring systems are consistent with plant needs.
- Actively mentors and coaches staff in skills, knowledge, and competencies to maximize performance. Recommends appropriate training.
- Proactively supports compliance initiatives across corporation, including International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 9001, Technical Specification (TS) 16949, and Haworth’s Operational Excellence Assessment (OAE), to reinforce process control, daily product quality, and continuous improvement.
- Drives organizational performance through accountability of process improvement teams by setting goals, measuring progress, and communicating to members, business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrates leadership talent with ability to motivate all levels of members by virtue of keen business acumen, excellent judgment, professional competence, credibility, flexibility, and personal integrity.
- Participates in new product development, process development, and supplier reviews, when applicable, and reviews all deliverables with function members to accomplish zero defect launches.
- Ensures completion of Quality Assurance engineering activities of new product projects from concept through production, including equipment, tooling, process, costing, and quality, to ensure consistent application of established quality standards.
- Holds product from shipment if quality problems are detected in finished goods area, ensuring maintenance of established quality standards.
- Provides self-service tools, training and just-in-time coaching programs to develop enabled, empowered, and engaged members who successfully impact business, support their co-workers and company, and demonstrate Haworth values and culture competencies with high level of member morale and effectiveness.
- Maintains knowledge of current lean management trends and development through active participation and leadership roles in professional associations, seminars, and conferences.