The Division of Communication, Computer Science and English at Southwestern College invites applications for a tenure-track position in computer science starting in the 2017-18 academic year. The computer science program at Southwestern College is in transition, which provides a significant opportunity for the successful candidate. Applicants who have a vision for the future of undergraduate computer science education are encouraged to apply.
The main responsibility of the successful candidate is to develop and cultivate a vision for a successful computer science program that fits within a liberal arts perspective and serves the larger academic vision and mission of the college. We are looking to hire candidates with teaching and/or research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- software engineering
- computer architecture
- computational theory
- operating systems and programming languages
- digital arts and design
- computer game theory and game development
- computer animation
- teach courses at the undergraduate level
- advise computer science academic clubs and organizations
- coordinate eSports team
- work collaboratively within the division and across the campus to create innovative academic opportunities.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (or ABD with confirmed date of completion)
- demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching
- active pursuit of scholarly research and professional development opportunities
- ability to incorporate relevant experiences into instruction
- possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by Feb. 1. To apply, please submit a cover letter addressing interest and qualifications for teaching at Southwestern College, including interest in specific courses mentioned in the responsibilities along with:
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé
- Three letters of reference
- Transcripts (copies accepted). Official transcripts are required at time of appointment.
Send all materials to: Ms. Lonnie Boyd, Director of Human Resources, Southwestern College, 100 College Street, Winfield, Kansas 67156. Email: HumanResources@sckans.edu
In compliance with the Immigration Control Act of 1986, candidates for positions must provide proof of eligibility to work before an offer of employment can be made final. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.