The Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, College of Engineering and Advanced Photonics Research Center at Southern University of Science and Technology are looking to hire multiple Research Assistant Professors in the area of optoelectronics and nanophotonics. The researchers will be expected to work with multiple research teams to develop research programs, manage labs, and mentor junior students, etc. We are particularly interested in those who have the following at least one or more expertise: a) colloidal quantum dot and perovskite nanocrystal photonics, b) THz optoelectronics, c) liquid crystal optoelectronics, d) III-nitride optoelectronics e) photonics for biomedical applications, f) plasmonics, metamaterials and metasurfaces, g) micro/nanofabrication, h) high-power fiber lasers, i) fiber lasers and sensors, j) laser spectroscopy, k) optical microcavity, l) coherent optical imaging, m) wearable, near-to-eye and 3D displays, n) optical design, etc. This position can be funded for a three-year period initially, with a possibility for extension pending acceptable performance.
· Work with the principle investigators to develop a research program aligning the research directions;
· Manage lab daily operations;
· Elucidate potential livelihood/entrepreneurship development for certain technologies;
· Oversee development of reports, peer-reviewed publications and other written documents within his/her expertise;
· Help secure funding for sustainable research and associated engagement activities;
· Help mentor junior students;
· Develop outreach materials for academic and non-academic audiences.